Quality & Food Safety Manager - Mishawaka, IN
<< Back to Careers
Our Quality & Food Safety Manager will lead Food Safety and Quality programs at the WellPet manufacturing facility in Mishawaka Indiana. This includes leading management and oversight of FSSC 22000 implementation and execution of site quality systems to ensure compliance with WellPet corporate Quality Assurance / Food Safety requirements and other related initiatives.
Position Description (Responsibilities):
· Lead integration of the current quality assurance and food safety processes into one integrated process which ties to business objectives. This includes HACCP system, regulatory audits, quality systems review process (QSR), standard operating procedures (SOP's), incoming ingredient inspections, product scoring, food safety audits, field complaints, managing Statistical Process Control system, calibration and preventive maintenance programs and standardized work instructions.
· Develop and execute Plans to achieve/maintain safe food and FSSC 22000 Certification at the facility and to meet all WellPet Corporation requirements related to quality and food safety programs.
· Oversee plant compliance, interactions and relationship with FSSC 22000 Certification Body and consultants.
· Develop and maintain systems to assure facility meets all FSSC 22000 requirements including Commitment, Document Control and Records, Specifications, Attaining Food Safety, Verification, Product Identification Trace and Recall, Incident Management, Food Safety Fundamentals - Building and Equipment Design and Construction, and Food Safety Fundamentals - Pre-requisite Programs.
· Manage finished product evaluation system and provide leadership to drive improvements in key customer/consumer Quality attributes.
· Train personnel and maintain all training records on critical food safety and quality requirements. Document and maintain training registry for all employees at the facility.
· Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation activities to ensure that all products leaving the facility meet the facility Food Safety and Quality Plans.
· Provide guidance and leadership in situations where deviations have occurred or a potential risk has been identified related to food safety and/or quality attributes by assuring root causes are addressed through a corrective action process.
· Manage and provide leadership in implementing an effective and efficient documented corrective action program.
· Manage/ Oversee pest control contract and microbiological testing to assure compliance with FSSC 22000 and WellPet Corporation Quality standards.
· Reassess Quality and Safety Food plan(s) throughout the change management process which is required whenever there is a change to program, process, procedure, ingredient, equipment, industry philosophy, technology, etc.
· Lead the development and implementation of statistical tools and systems to support continuous process and product improvement.
· Act as an active contributor on the Facility Management Team to meet all business objectives. Manage and develop all laboratory personnel both contractors and employees.
· Support the development of a supplier quality management program to help ensure the procurement of quality raw materials and packaging components used in the manufacturing of products.
· Provide assistance to product and process improvement activities by supporting research and development manufacturing trials at the site.
· Live the WellPet values and culture and doing whatever it takes for the pets who depend on us
· Bachelor's degree in Food Safety, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering or related field.
· 10+ years of experience in Quality Management
· 4+ years of food processing experience, with at least 2 years in a manufacturing environment under USDA and/or FDA and HACCP.
· 2+ years facilitating food safety/quality related training events.
· Demonstrate leadership in the areas of food safety and plant regulatory affairs
· HACCP Certification from a nationally / internationally recognized and accredited HACCP training firm
· Ability to analyze processes for Biological, Chemical, and Physical hazards with an understanding of the science and support behind each type of hazard and each step of a production process
· Experience with FDA and/or USDA Rules and Regulations
· Must have strong organizational and leadership skills
· Experience implementing and using state of the art statistical process control tools in a manufacturing environment
· Able to work with cross functional departments within the organization
· Good problem solving skills and corrective action/resolution skills
· Strong computer skills with experience using Word, Excel, Access, Power Point.
· Ability to manage and develop personnel.
· Knowledge of SQF, ISO 22000, and FSSC 22000 are a plus.
· Reports to Director of Quality Assurance with a dotted line relationship to the Director of Plant Operations.
· Works directly with other Plant Staff Members
To apply, please visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=wellpet&jobId=16546&lang=en_US&source=CC3
<< Back to Careers