Customer Business Manager - Toronto, Ontario Canada
<< Back to Careers
Our Sales team at WellPet is made up of professionals who understand the difference our products make in the lives of pets. We are currently seeking a Customer Business Manager (CBM) to join our team. Reporting to the General Manager – Canada. The CBM will be responsible for achieving or exceeding sales and growth objectives managing key national accounts.
Position Description (Responsibilities):
- Support the Canada 5 year strategic plan driving key brand and channel strategies to deliver accelerated sales and share growth in Canada.
- Orchestrate and develop joint business plans with key accounts: facilitate annual and quarterly strategy planning meetings, focusing on growth, profitability, merchandising and category management goals, trade spending and efficiency analysis.
- Build strong customer-centric business relationships and provide category thought leadership with Key Accounts by understanding market dynamics, consumer insights and trends, retail account business issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Be accountable for in-store execution at key customers working with and through key marketing and retail sales partners.
- Act as liaison and link District Key Accounts with WellPet Sales Management, SLT, Marketing, Operations, Finance and other home office departments.
- Work with the Marketing Department to develop and execute Key Account marketing promotional programs.
- With the DSM and Marketing team, coordinate WellPet retail field activities to service the needs of Key Account Roof Tops where applicable.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with distributor personnel in the assigned District. Work with Distributors to provide added value service packages for Key Accounts.
- Key Performance Indicators include:
- Deliver gross sales targets monthly, quarterly and annually
- Sales targets delivered in line with spending targets
- Grow share within accounts
- Assortment/Share of shelf gains per JBP
- Implementation of an effective promotional calendar per JPB
- Pricing in accordance with guidelines
- Case fill and customer service levels
- Live the WellPet values and culture and doing whatever it takes for the pets who depend on us
Position Requirements (skills, experience, capabilities):
Education and Work Experience
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8-10 years managing key accounts and/or national accounts in the CPG industry in Canada. Pet Care Category experience is a plus. Customer Marketing and / or marketing cross functional experience is a plus.
Superior Sales Capabilities
- Communication and presentation
- Advanced business analysis and insight development
- Customer account management
- Joint Business Plan development
- Development of Distribution, Promotion, Pricing and Merchandising strategies and tactics.
- Budget management of trade and marketing spend. ROI optimization.
- Sales operations including sales forecasting and process improvement
- Category Management
- Route to market customer optimization
- Customer Service and case fill management
- Practices breakthrough thinking
- Navigates complex challenges
- Collaborates with others
- Delivers consistent results
- Passion for pets and their families
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of time
- Must have ability to operate a motor vehicle safely and maintain an
acceptable driving record
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
<< Back to Careers