Sojos Plant Manager - Minneapolis, MN
<< Back to Careers
About WellPet and Sojos
WellPet is home to the family of premium pet food and treat brands including Wellness®, Old Mother Hubbard®, Eagle Pack® and Holistic Select®. For more than 100 years, WellPet has delivered on the promise of doing whatever it takes to make the healthiest natural products for the pets that depends on us. Today, our team of animal lovers, nutritionists and vets are committed to carrying forth our strong heritage, continuing to find new ways to bring innovation, nutritional excellence and product quality to our family of natural brands, always putting pet health first.
Within the last decade, we officially have become the #1 independent, 100% family-owned natural pet food company in the United States and remain focused on delivering great products and innovation that will continue to differentiate and drive growth for the pet specialty channel.
We recently acquired Sojos located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Sojos is a fast-growing company that is transforming the lives of pets by making raw nutrition easy, affordable and above all safe. Sojos employees are passionate and creative. We believe in only making the best products.
As we continue to find new ways to bring innovation and nutritional excellence to our products, we are always looking for talented and creative people to join our mission. We look beyond the skill set of the job, and want to work with fellow teammates who share in our love of animals, our passion for quality and our desire to make a difference in the community we share with our pets. If you want to be part of a dynamic growing company with strong values and a commitment to strive for excellence in all we do, then come and join the WellPet and Sojos team!
We have an immediate opening for a Plant Manager, Sojos in Minneapolis, Minnesota. You will be responsible for leading the production activities at our two manufacturing facilities in Minnesota, leading a team of approximately 40 employees, consisting of production, scheduling, quality, sourcing, and warehousing. This position is tasked with leading, developing and maintaining a strong manufacturing operations team and will be responsible for ensuring the facility operates in a manner that results in delivery of products on-time, on schedule and within financial targets. This individual will be accountable for strategies, departmental policies and operational guidelines to positively affect the manufacturing of its products to meet sales demands as defined in annual and long-range business plans.
The Plant Manager will develop plans to identify goals, objectives and strategies for improving manufacturing processes for cost reduction, quality improvement and on-time delivery. The Plant Manager will develop operations budgets, be responsible for plant manufacturing profit/loss, and make recommendations for any capital improvements needed in the facility. He/she will develop a system of measurements/KPIs to provide the organization with timely, ongoing feedback, concerns and general comments on products, services and solutions. This individual will develop and train the team to ensure the plant operates at a high level of efficiency, and will ensure a sense of cooperation and team work across multiple departments.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Provide day-to-day leadership for the operations group. Build a culture of accountability, high performance, and inclusion.
- Develop strategic plans for the plant operations group to support the achievement of the company’s strategic objectives through the establishment of clear operating strategies, goals and action plans.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement goals in food safety, cost, quality, service, personnel and compliance for the facility.
- Ensure strict adherence to all applicable health, personal safety, food safety, good manufacturing processes, appropriate legislation and regulations and appropriate industry defined standards.
- Direct the preparation of annual operation budget and plan for all direct and overhead costs of the facility.
- Ensure that all manufacturing processes are continually reviewed and scrutinized for improvement, and that appropriate innovations are evaluated and implemented as indicated.
- Build a strong team. Ensure proper performance and organizational growth through effective recruitment, training, employee development and succession planning.
- Living the Sojos/WellPet values and culture and doing whatever it takes for the pets who depend on us.
This position is suited to a high energy professional with a minimum of 10 years of operations experience in positions of increasing responsibility, preferably in the food industry, and will have current, senior level experience in effectively directing a plant organization of significant complexity in a high growth environment. Freeze Dried, Ready-to-Eat, and/or Meat Processing experience is preferred. The Plant Manager will have a solid track record in managing an organization to obtain optimum cost and quality performance. He/she must be able to continually reevaluate production and the adequacy of the facility and develop plans and new processes to support business growth. The Plant Manager must be able to manage cross functionally across a diverse workforce. They must have a strong financial acumen and proven experience in managing cost controls and meeting budgetary requirements.
Other requirements include:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Strong results orientation and execution capability. He/she is a highly engaged, hands-on leader who can delve into the details as easily as he/she can delegate.
- Excellent execution and performance management skills. Results-driven. Leads the team to develop and deliver common, aggressive goals and associated metrics.
- Excellent communication, relationship building and influencing skills. Develops credibility and trust with senior executive team and can work/interact effectively with individuals throughout the organization.
- Highly motivated, self-directed professional with a demonstrated ability to bring immediate value to the business.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with proven effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a person with proven leadership and team building skills with a good understanding of engineering and manufacturing techniques.
- High energy, insatiable curiosity and an active mind. Willingness to challenge the status quo to develop new alternatives to anticipated problems or issues.
Sojos offers a competitive compensation package as well as best in class benefits. To apply for this position, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sojos is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
<< Back to Careers