Customer Business Manager - Petco, SanDiego, CA
<< Back to Careers
Our Sales team at WellPet is made up of professionals who understand the difference our products make in the lives of pets. We are currently seeking a Customer Business Manager to join our team. This field-based position is responsible for managing our business relationship with one of our major national accounts, Petco.
Position Description (Responsibilities):
- Achieve Sales goals
- Ensure division-marketing plans are implemented
- Foster solid relationships with the trade to allow for account penetration up – down – across the entire account
- Foster critical thinking, effective resource utilization and communication up – down – across the division
- Champion business needs for the accounts under your responsibility
- Train, coach and develop the extended team to ensure objectives are met
- Continually raise performance standards for the team
- Lead team in developing account business plans that continually drive category growth and improve inventory management practices.
- Provide leadership to ensure WellPet brand strategies, policies, and sales tactics are understood and implemented within his/her account
- Develop and maintain high visibility with account key decision-makers and decision-influencers to advance business opportunities.
- Use measurement performance to ensure that all financial indicators remain on plan.
- Communicate crucial market, trade and competitive information on a timely basis
- Living the WellPet values and culture and doing whatever it takes for the pets who depend on us.
This position is ideally suited for an individual who is analytical, detail oriented, and well organized. This individual should have excellent verbal & written communication skills, a strong customer focus and results-oriented. Other requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 to 15 years of experience in sales management in the consumer products industry.
- Self-directed, flexible, and able to work independently
- Experience to include both internal and account management experience
- Computer proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ideal candidates will reside in the San Diego metro area
- Ability to travel between 30% - 40% of the time
- Collaborative, team player with a “can do” attitude.
- Passion for pets and their families
- Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally
- Demonstrates positive attitude and takes a proactive approach
- Sees challenges as opportunities and translates them into actionable tasks
- Displays grace and presence at all times
- Energized by fast-paced environment
- Great relationship management abilities
To apply, please visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=wellpet&jobId=26403&lang=en_US&source=CC3
WellPet LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
<< Back to Careers