For over 100 years, we've delivered on the promise of doing whatever it takes to
make the healthiest natural products for the pets that depends on us. Today, our
team of animal lovers, nutritionists and vets at WellPet are committed to carrying
forth our strong heritage, continuing to find new ways to bring innovation, nutritional
excellence and product quality to our family of natural brands, always putting pet
- 1926 – Old Mother Hubbard Natural Dog Treats was founded in 1926, but our roots extend back to 1873 as A. Hubbard & Son bakery in Gloucester, MA, makers of hard tack sea biscuits.
- 1961 – Old Mother Hubbard® was purchased by Jim Scott Sr., a professional in animal nutrition with a commitment to developing highly nutritious products for pets
- Wellness Natural Pet Food introduces TruFood, a raw-inspired line of dog and cat dry recipes, wet recipes, and treats.
- Wellness introduced new CORE® products, including Air-Dried, Chunky Centers, and CORE 95%.
- Wellness embarked on a journey introducing a new 5 Signs of Wellness campaign and TruFood to farmers markets, retailers, and dog parks across the country. Follow us on our tour, 5 Signs of Wellness Wagon and TruFood Wagon.
- Old Mother Hubbard Natural Dog Snacks introduces another year of Seasonal treats including Creepy Crunchers, Jingle Jangles, and Bits of Love.
- Holistic Select introduces 2 new recipes for baked probiotic-drizzled snacks to support digestive health, Drizzles.