Assistant Corporate Controller - Tewksbury, MA
We have an immediate opening in our Tewksbury, MA office for an Assistant Corporate Controller to join our Team. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, you will be responsible for directing the day-to-day activities within our accounting department. You will be an integral part of the senior finance staff and play a key role in the month-end close process.
Position Description (Responsibilities):
- Manage the monthly close process ensuring financial statement accuracy in accordance with GAAP
- Produce monthly management discussion and analysis, highlighting variances and business risks to the Controller and CFO
- Prepare and coordinate monthly financial information to in various formats to be submitted to parent
- Act as primarily liaison with the Company’s internal and external auditors
- Manage various business intelligence projects with the IT department
- Manage the implementation of the automated AP process
- Oversee G/L, A/P, A/R and daily cash management functions
- Assist in developing and documenting processes/procedures for the rapidly growing international business
- Manage two direct reports and six indirect reports
This position is ideally suited for an individual who is analytical, works well in a team environment, and has a strong accounting/finance background. Other requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance - CPA preferred
- 5+ years of progressive professional accounting experience. A combination of public accounting and corporate accounting is preferred. Multi-currency experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP platforms and advanced Excel skills
- High energy, detail oriented individual with strong time management skills
- Ability to manage and work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
To apply, copy and paste this url into your browser: http://bit.ly/1Oc1Itz
IT Manager - Mishawaka, Indiana
About the IT Organization
Join a dynamic IT organization focused on delivering innovative, business-driven technology solutions to enable WellPet’s manufacturing and distribution of super premium pet food brands. Our team is comprised of dedicated, passionate, smart individuals working in application and web development, system integration, business intelligence and network engineering.
We maintain a high energy, collaborative work environment. Core to our philosophy is that to achieve success, we must partner effectively with the other business stakeholders within the enterprise. Our IT organization provides leadership in a broad range of challenging, strategic initiatives which combine technology and process expertise with business acumen.
Position Summary: IT Manager
We are currently seeking a hands-on IT Manager at our manufacturing plant. In this position, you will report to the Plant Controller and work very closely with the IT organization at Corporate headquarters. As the primary IT support resource at the plant, you will be responsible for hardware, networking , telco and business application on-site support. You will lead a variety of Plant related technology initiatives as well as provide on-site business reporting support. The candidate must have the ability to interact effectively with all business end users, grasp both technical and business needs quickly and possess outstanding customer service skills.
- Onsite Business Application Support (ERP, WMS and Reporting)
- System Administration & Technical Support
- Telecommunications and Internet Line Management
- Back-up policy management
- Network printer/label printer Management
- Set-up and deployment of laptops/desktops/mobile devices
- Desktop software management
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Create and enforce standard help desk procedures
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Prepare activity reports
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Provide after hour support as needed
- Project Management
- 5-7 years experience within manufacturing environment
- working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- ERP support experience
- Reporting writing (Crystal reports, SSRS)
- Microsoft XP, Windows 7
- Excel, Access, Power Point
- Outlook Support
- McAfee Antivirus –EPO
- Citrix Experience
- IBM/Dell Laptops & Desktops
- HP Printer Support
- ShoreTel IP Phones
- Remote Desktop
- ERP support experience
- Project Management experience
- oral and written communication skills
- learning skills
- customer service orientation
- problem analysis
- planning and organizing
- attention to detail
- stress tolerance
- passion for IT & technology
- project management
To apply, visit: http://bit.ly/1I1cFdL
Account Manager Delaware, Maryland and Virginia
Delaware, Maryland, Washington DC and Virginia:
Our outside sales team at WellPet is made up of sales professionals who understand the difference our products make in the lives of pets and work with our fine customers to ensure our products are readily available for pets to enjoy! We have an immediate opening in the Delaware, Maryland and Virginia area for an Account Manager to join our outside sales team to help us continue in our mission. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing an account base of 100/120 pet specialty retailers in your assigned geographic area with 30% overnight travel
- Territory is comprised of independent chains, local shops and regional/national retailers.
- The ideal candidate resides in Southern Maryland/Northern VA marketplace.
- Delivering results against set sales and placement quotas
- Reporting on sales activities
- Implementing promotional sales including national promotions and new products
- Conducting product seminars, attend trade shows, dog/cat shows and other events with occasional weekend work
- Living the WellPet values and culture and doing whatever it takes for the pets who depend on us
This position is ideally suited for an individual who has excellent verbal & written communication skills, a strong customer focus and is accountable for results, detail oriented & organized. Other requirements include:
- A strong sales background preferably from a solid sales structure company – grocery or pharmaceutical.
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Being self-directed, flexible and work independently
- Computer proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CMS tools
Apply at- https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=13275881
National Account Analyst - Tewksbury, MA - Temporary Position Available Now
At WellPet, our growing natural pet food brands (Wellness®, Old Mother Hubbard®, Eagle Pack® and Holistic Select®) is part of a family business legacy with over 100 years of experience making the finest quality natural food and treats for pets. As we continue to find new ways to bring innovation and nutritional excellence to our products, we are always looking for talented and creative people to join our mission. We look beyond the skill set of the job, and want to work with fellow teammates who share in our love of animals, our passion for quality and our desire to make a difference in the community we share with our pets. If you want to be part of a dynamic growing company with strong values and a commitment to strive for excellence in all we do, then come and join the WellPet team!
Our inside sales team at WellPet is made up of sales analytics professionals who understand the difference our products make in the lives of pets and work cross functionally to ensure our products are readily available for pets to enjoy! Are you a data and systems driven person whose passions are data integrity, analytical reporting and organization? Can you identify data gaps, update systems and work cross functionally to communicate results? If so, we would love to talk with you about this great opportunity. In this position you will report to the Sales Director, National Accounts and be responsible for all components associated with Petsmart sales reporting, including the weekly/monthly delivery of standard reporting and managing the communication of these vehicles.
Here’s a bit more on what you would be doing:
- Standard monthly reporting analysis
- Promotion creation and reporting
- Field spend administrative activities, Reporting and maintenance
- Preparing ad hoc management and sales reports from the Company database.
- Analyzing data input.
- Petsmart promotional form completion and other administrative items related to account program set up and execution.
- Analyze Nielsen, account and internal POS data to provide insights and recommendations to WellPet.
- Track competitive activity at Nationals and key Indies and provide monthly recap – implications
- Administer price surveys for National accounts monthly
- Input data in Monthly OTD/POS updates to internal SLT and work with NAM’s to add the commentary
- Living the WellPet values and culture and doing whatever it takes for the pets who depend on us!
We really need an individual with consumer packaged goods experience who is analytical, detail oriented, organized, technically savvy, and results oriented. What else should you bring?
- BS in Business, Finance, Accounting or in a related field
- 5+ years analytical experience working in a consumer products/goods company
- Strong reporting skills
- High level of expertise in Excel and other business software applications to gather analyze and report sales data, i.e. Access and Business Intelligence tools
- Knowledge and usage of CRM systems is a plus
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Power Point
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong, results-oriented, project management skills with demonstrated ability to work well in a team
To apply, visit: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=13665451
Director of Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs - Tewksbury, MA
Our Quality & Regulatory team at WellPet is made up of professionals who understand the difference our products make in the lives of pets and work to ensure our products are readily available for pets to enjoy! We have an immediate opening for a Director of Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs to join our team. Reporting to the VP of R&D, the Director of Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs is responsible for leading a team in the development, implementation, and coordination of company-wide food safety, quality, and sanitation systems/programs to mitigate the risk of defects and inconsistencies in new or existing products while ensuring compliance with federal codes, as well as domestic and international and regulations.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain company guidelines and policies for quality programs testing protocols and standards that meet or exceed customer and regulatory requirements including, but not limited to FSMA, HACCP, GMP, Sanitation, and Food Safety in a changing business environment
- Monitor and improve quality systems to ensure the highest quality product is produced for customers
- Work with plant level Quality Managers to ensure that they are performing to expected standards in support of the production process
- Maintain awareness of industry advances and technologies to assure that customers have the benefit of the latest the industry has to offer with regards to food safety and product quality
- Develop vendor specifications and standards to provide our customers with the safest ingredients and supplies possible
- Manage manufacturing facility audit program for quality and food safety standards and to ensure that all documentation, programs, and policies are being maintained and improved upon on an on-going basis
- Monitor all facilities and ensure all standards and processing parameters are maintained and facilities are poised for continuous improvement
- Work with Sales & Marketing, R&D, Production, and directly with customers to define and improve product specifications
- Develop cross-functional product recall program and facilitate mock recalls
- Provide monthly updates to Senior Leadership and gain alignment on recommended course changes
- Management of our Food Safety and QA team at our company-owned plant as well as an internal QA group at headquarters that is responsible for external manufacturing and raw materials
- Management of our Regulatory group that is responsible for domestic and international markets
- Network with industry trade groups
- Living the WellPet Culture and Values and doing whatever it takes for the pets who depend on us.
This position is ideally suited for an individual who has 7-10 years of progressive and current work experience in a quality function within a food or beverage manufacturing environment; pet food experience is highly desirable. Other requirements include:
- 4 year degree is required. Preferred disciplines include Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or other closely related scientific/technical disciplines
- SPC training and knowledge of statistical methods
- Multi-site responsibility is preferred
- Solid analytical and conceptual abilities
- Ability to motivate and lead in order to build an effective team
- Strong negotiation skills
- Cost conscious and the ability to think on behalf of the organization
- High level of technical competence, problem solving, and organization as well as strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to act strategically and handle multiple projects simultaneously
To apply, visit: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=13898021
Supply Chain Planner - Tewksbury, MA
We are currently recruiting for a Planner/Buyer. In this position you will report to the Director of Supply Chain Planning and be responsible for the timely production planning of finished goods and for all communication and coordination between our manufacturing facility and partners, and all supporting disciplines. Specifically, you will:
- Plan/Procure Finished Goods in support of our demand forecasts and inventory goals.
- Maintain and track supply chain planning metrics critical to customer fulfillment, product freshness, inventory management & co manufacturing vendor performance.
- Drive all planning operations required to achieve on-time monthly schedule.
- Drive the co manufacturer vendor-WellPet relationship, track finished products yield performance, ensure production, testing and delivery of finished goods per WellPet required lead times.
- Support the marketing group with transition of inventory related to new product launches, line extensions, and any other changes.
- Work with existing suppliers on an ongoing basis to support program and product requirements.
- Support the Sales & Operations Planning process by collecting data, preparing presentations, etc.
- Travel to suppliers as needed.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline (preferably Business Management, Operations Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Economics).
- 3+ years of ‘retail facing’ supply chain planning experience within diverse manufacturing environments or consumer products industry verticals.
- Strong analytic skills & report writing proficiency.
- Strong, results-oriented professional with demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally.
- Possesses extensive experience using ‘commercial off-the-shelf’ planning systems (Master Scheduling, DRP/MRP, ERP). IFS ERP experience a plus.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel required.
- Collaborative team player with exemplary work-ethic, and a can-do attitude.
To apply, visit: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9049351
Process Technician - Mishawaka, Indiana
POSITION SUMMARY: Set-up, operate and disassemble, processing equipment in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and GMPs. Operate processing equipment, grinding, batching, extrusion, drying, coating, fresh meat according to scheduled production needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up, operate and disassemble, processing equipment in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and GMPs.
- Responsible for setting up and starting up production equipment according to the production schedule.
- Troubleshoots production line equipment as needed.
- Monitor product, visually and with micrometer; ensure product is running according to job specifications
- Monitors equipment and uses tools to make adjustments and perform basic maintenance as required.
- Practices and maintains the highest safety, quality and product standards.
- Changes die to insure correct kibble sizes by brand and SKU.
- Checks and documents moisture, temperature, protein and liquid fat levels on frequent basis to ensure product meets all quality parameters.
- Observes and maintains safe, efficient machine operation on all production runs.
- May provide assistance to packaging line employees and pallet loaders as necessary for efficient production needs.
- Insures cleanliness of production area.
- Trains other associates to run production equipment as needed.
- Responsible for continuous improvement ideas and implementation in assigned area.
- Participates in quarterly inventory process.
- Works to achieve 100% on-time completion of scheduled production
- Assists with entering information into company’s monitoring system
- Completes and fills out daily logs and paperwork, completes daily cleaning and preventative maintenance tasks
- Ensure equipment is properly operated according to safety guidelines
- Understands and performs Lock-out/Tag-out procedures
- Follows plant safety procedures and guidelines including wearing PPE required
- Follows plant quality practices including GMP’s
- Informs Supervisors/Managers of safety issues
- Understands how to handle machine properly during emergencies
- Occasionally assist in training of individuals in processing procedures
- This associate will work as a team member in whatever capacity and job function is required to deliver a quality product to our customers in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Jobs Related Competencies:
- Understands plant process flow.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Must be familiar with use of hand tools and measuring devices
- Must be able to read and understand English to be able to communicate with Supervisor/Manager and comprehend work instructions
- 1-3 years RECENT experience with Extrusion Operation
- Positive Attitude, Safety Mindset, Strong Work Ethic, Team Builder/Flexible, Customer and Quality Focused, Not easily Frustrated, Desire to Work Hands On and Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Dependable with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Prior experience in a production environment, preferably food or beverage manufacturing.
- Good verbal and mathematical capability at a high school level.
- Ability to read and understand process operating procedures.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Sufficient computer skills to operate and adjust machine to meet product specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and in a positive manner
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams
- Demonstrated willingness to assume extended job responsibility and exercise good judgment in decision making
- Ability to work cooperatively with all departments.
- Ability to follow detailed, technical directions.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of production team and work in team environment.
- Must be able to perform physical demands of the position including lifting up to50 pounds in order to move ingredients and finished product, stand, walk, push/pull up to 50 pounds, reach overhead, bend to the floor and stand for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to work any shift, extended hours weekends.
Education & Experience:
- Some form of technical education which emphasizes strong analytical thinking preferred
- Knowledge & experience with Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulics & Pneumatics is highly preferred
- Familiarity with computer applications.
To apply, visit: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=14067611