Assistant Corporate Controller - Tewksbury, MA
We have an immediate opening in our Tewksbury, MA office for an Assistant Corporate Controller to join our Team. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, you will be responsible for directing the day-to-day activities within our accounting department. You will be an integral part of the senior finance staff and play a key role in the month-end close process.
Position Description (Responsibilities):
- Manage the monthly close process ensuring financial statement accuracy in accordance with GAAP
- Produce monthly management discussion and analysis, highlighting variances and business risks to the Controller and CFO
- Prepare and coordinate monthly financial information to in various formats to be submitted to parent
- Act as primarily liaison with the Company’s internal and external auditors
- Manage various business intelligence projects with the IT department
- Manage the implementation of the automated AP process
- Oversee G/L, A/P, A/R and daily cash management functions
- Assist in developing and documenting processes/procedures for the rapidly growing international business
- Manage two direct reports and six indirect reports
This position is ideally suited for an individual who is analytical, works well in a team environment, and has a strong accounting/finance background. Other requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance - CPA preferred
- 5+ years of progressive professional accounting experience. A combination of public accounting and corporate accounting is preferred. Multi-currency experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP platforms and advanced Excel skills
- High energy, detail oriented individual with strong time management skills
- Ability to manage and work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
To apply, copy and paste this url into your browser: http://bit.ly/1Oc1Itz
IT Manager - Mishawaka, Indiana
About the IT Organization
Join a dynamic IT organization focused on delivering innovative, business-driven technology solutions to enable WellPet’s manufacturing and distribution of super premium pet food brands. Our team is comprised of dedicated, passionate, smart individuals working in application and web development, system integration, business intelligence and network engineering.
We maintain a high energy, collaborative work environment. Core to our philosophy is that to achieve success, we must partner effectively with the other business stakeholders within the enterprise. Our IT organization provides leadership in a broad range of challenging, strategic initiatives which combine technology and process expertise with business acumen.
Position Summary: IT Manager
We are currently seeking a hands-on IT Manager at our manufacturing plant. In this position, you will report to the Plant Controller and work very closely with the IT organization at Corporate headquarters. As the primary IT support resource at the plant, you will be responsible for hardware, networking , telco and business application on-site support. You will lead a variety of Plant related technology initiatives as well as provide on-site business reporting support. The candidate must have the ability to interact effectively with all business end users, grasp both technical and business needs quickly and possess outstanding customer service skills.
- Onsite Business Application Support (ERP, WMS and Reporting)
- System Administration & Technical Support
- Telecommunications and Internet Line Management
- Back-up policy management
- Network printer/label printer Management
- Set-up and deployment of laptops/desktops/mobile devices
- Desktop software management
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Create and enforce standard help desk procedures
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Prepare activity reports
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Provide after hour support as needed
- Project Management
- 5-7 years experience within manufacturing environment
- working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- ERP support experience
- Reporting writing (Crystal reports, SSRS)
- Microsoft XP, Windows 7
- Excel, Access, Power Point
- Outlook Support
- McAfee Antivirus –EPO
- Citrix Experience
- IBM/Dell Laptops & Desktops
- HP Printer Support
- ShoreTel IP Phones
- Remote Desktop
- ERP support experience
- Project Management experience
- oral and written communication skills
- learning skills
- customer service orientation
- problem analysis
- planning and organizing
- attention to detail
- stress tolerance
- passion for IT & technology
- project management
To apply, visit: http://bit.ly/1I1cFdL
Account Manager Delaware, Maryland and Virginia
Delaware, Maryland, Washington DC and Virginia:
Our outside sales team at WellPet is made up of sales professionals who understand the difference our products make in the lives of pets and work with our fine customers to ensure our products are readily available for pets to enjoy! We have an immediate opening in the Delaware, Maryland and Virginia area for an Account Manager to join our outside sales team to help us continue in our mission. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing an account base of 100/120 pet specialty retailers in your assigned geographic area with 30% overnight travel
- Territory is comprised of independent chains, local shops and regional/national retailers.
- The ideal candidate resides in Southern Maryland/Northern VA marketplace.
- Delivering results against set sales and placement quotas
- Reporting on sales activities
- Implementing promotional sales including national promotions and new products
- Conducting product seminars, attend trade shows, dog/cat shows and other events with occasional weekend work
- Living the WellPet values and culture and doing whatever it takes for the pets who depend on us
This position is ideally suited for an individual who has excellent verbal & written communication skills, a strong customer focus and is accountable for results, detail oriented & organized. Other requirements include:
- A strong sales background preferably from a solid sales structure company – grocery or pharmaceutical.
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Being self-directed, flexible and work independently
- Computer proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CMS tools
Apply at- https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=13275881
Director of Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs - Tewksbury, MA
Our Quality & Regulatory team at WellPet is made up of professionals who understand the difference our products make in the lives of pets and work to ensure our products are readily available for pets to enjoy! We have an immediate opening for a Director of Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs to join our team. Reporting to the VP of R&D, the Director of Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs is responsible for leading a team in the development, implementation, and coordination of company-wide food safety, quality, and sanitation systems/programs to mitigate the risk of defects and inconsistencies in new or existing products while ensuring compliance with federal codes, as well as domestic and international and regulations.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain company guidelines and policies for quality programs testing protocols and standards that meet or exceed customer and regulatory requirements including, but not limited to FSMA, HACCP, GMP, Sanitation, and Food Safety in a changing business environment
- Monitor and improve quality systems to ensure the highest quality product is produced for customers
- Work with plant level Quality Managers to ensure that they are performing to expected standards in support of the production process
- Maintain awareness of industry advances and technologies to assure that customers have the benefit of the latest the industry has to offer with regards to food safety and product quality
- Develop vendor specifications and standards to provide our customers with the safest ingredients and supplies possible
- Manage manufacturing facility audit program for quality and food safety standards and to ensure that all documentation, programs, and policies are being maintained and improved upon on an on-going basis
- Monitor all facilities and ensure all standards and processing parameters are maintained and facilities are poised for continuous improvement
- Work with Sales & Marketing, R&D, Production, and directly with customers to define and improve product specifications
- Develop cross-functional product recall program and facilitate mock recalls
- Provide monthly updates to Senior Leadership and gain alignment on recommended course changes
- Management of our Food Safety and QA team at our company-owned plant as well as an internal QA group at headquarters that is responsible for external manufacturing and raw materials
- Management of our Regulatory group that is responsible for domestic and international markets
- Network with industry trade groups
- Living the WellPet Culture and Values and doing whatever it takes for the pets who depend on us.
This position is ideally suited for an individual who has 7-10 years of progressive and current work experience in a quality function within a food or beverage manufacturing environment; pet food experience is highly desirable. Other requirements include:
- 4 year degree is required. Preferred disciplines include Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or other closely related scientific/technical disciplines
- SPC training and knowledge of statistical methods
- Multi-site responsibility is preferred
- Solid analytical and conceptual abilities
- Ability to motivate and lead in order to build an effective team
- Strong negotiation skills
- Cost conscious and the ability to think on behalf of the organization
- High level of technical competence, problem solving, and organization as well as strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to act strategically and handle multiple projects simultaneously
To apply, visit: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=13898021
Supply Chain Planner - Tewksbury, MA
We are currently recruiting for a Planner/Buyer. In this position you will report to the Director of Supply Chain Planning and be responsible for the timely production planning of finished goods and for all communication and coordination between our manufacturing facility and partners, and all supporting disciplines. Specifically, you will:
- Plan/Procure Finished Goods in support of our demand forecasts and inventory goals.
- Maintain and track supply chain planning metrics critical to customer fulfillment, product freshness, inventory management & co manufacturing vendor performance.
- Drive all planning operations required to achieve on-time monthly schedule.
- Drive the co manufacturer vendor-WellPet relationship, track finished products yield performance, ensure production, testing and delivery of finished goods per WellPet required lead times.
- Support the marketing group with transition of inventory related to new product launches, line extensions, and any other changes.
- Work with existing suppliers on an ongoing basis to support program and product requirements.
- Support the Sales & Operations Planning process by collecting data, preparing presentations, etc.
- Travel to suppliers as needed.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline (preferably Business Management, Operations Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Economics).
- 3+ years of ‘retail facing’ supply chain planning experience within diverse manufacturing environments or consumer products industry verticals.
- Strong analytic skills & report writing proficiency.
- Strong, results-oriented professional with demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally.
- Possesses extensive experience using ‘commercial off-the-shelf’ planning systems (Master Scheduling, DRP/MRP, ERP). IFS ERP experience a plus.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel required.
- Collaborative team player with exemplary work-ethic, and a can-do attitude.
To apply, visit: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9049351
Night Warehouse Lead - Mishawaka, Indiana
Position Summary: Coordinates and provides direction and leadership to the Warehouse staff on a 12-hour rotating night shift, 5:45pm to 6:00am.Coordinates all functions related to shipment of customer orders and warehouse storage operations and all related paperwork. Assures training and compliance with GMP’s and safety standards are maintained.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures all warehouse employees understand essential functions of assigned job.
- Responsible for Shipping Schedule and execution of all paperwork related to incoming and outgoing drivers.
- Can perform any job under the Warehouse organizational structure.
- Off loads finished product and stages pallets in compliance with predetermined “hold” areas.
- Provides continuous training and support for new and existing employees including equipment operation, documentation requirements, quality and safety (GMP) standards.
- Responsible for Continuous Improvement ideas and implementation in assigned area.
- Leads team in a variety of time sensitive events including quarterly inventory, accurate cycle counts.
- Insures accuracy of lot codes on all packing materials.
- Performs projects as assigned by Warehouse Manager.
- Forklift, Hand truck, tape gun, stretch wrap machine
- Ability to communicate well using the English language.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate a diverse workforce.
- Understands and performs well in a cross functional environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in forklift equipment operation and certification.
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
Click here to apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=14281051
Executive Administrative Assistant (Tewksbury, MA)
Position Description (Responsibilities):
- Maintain executives calendar’s in Outlook including coordination & facilitation of meetings with inside employees and outside visitors
- Prepare Power Point presentations, Excel spreadsheets and other documents as needed; maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Maintain contracts and sensitive corporate documents
- Coordinate all details of BOD meetings, company meetings, offsite senior leadership meetings and special events
- Schedule all travel arrangements including international travel, processing corporate credit card payment, organizing and submitting expense reports
- Procure office supplies, create and track PO’s and help organize departmental paperwork
- Manage outgoing and incoming correspondences including emails, letters, memos, etc.,
- Maintain departmental time off calendars and approve vacation requests
- Supervise the Front Desk Coordinator
- Provide back up to reception answering phones and greeting guests as needed
- Special projects as required
- Living the WellPet values and culture and doing whatever it takes for the pets who depend on us.
- This position is ideally suited for an individual who has demonstrated success in a role supporting multiple Executives in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Power Point, Word and Excel a must
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to multi task
- Self-Starter & Autonomous: Able to work with limited direction
- Excellent communication skills dealing with many types of individuals in a professional manner
- Attention to detail, polished and a positive and pro-active approach at all times
- Bachelor degree preferred
To apply, click here: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1428174
Director of Sales Planning, Tewksbury, MA
Our sales team at WellPet is made up of passionate professionals who understand the difference our products make in the lives of pets. They work cross functionally, to ensure our products are readily available for pets to enjoy! Are you interested in developing, executing and refining, sales channel strategies and materials to deliver growth? Reporting to the VP of Sales you will be responsible for collaborating with key teams such as sales, brand, marketing, finance and planning. Here’s a bit more on what you would be doing:
- Create corporate sales plan and channel strategies with marketing team. Translate corporate plan into preliminary customer plan by setting initial Assortment, Pricing, Promotion and POG standards (includes development of selling decks and materials). Work with sales team to develop short/long term business plans that align customer objectives. Support customer team plan execution. Also tracking of performance (on the above with insights) and direction on improvement. Plan should also include major growth initiatives such as space gains, rooftop changes, new product launches, etc.
- Oversee and manage sales spending and investments- include spend forecasts, accruals, and any 3rd party in-store budgets/coordination.
- Work alongside VP of Sales in trade strategies creation, overall retail distribution plans, assessments, channel strategies and distributor territory effectiveness.
- Understand assigned customer business trends, corporate, shopper, and category strategies, competitive landscape, and key score carding measures; Attend customer call minimum once per quarter; carefully monitor changing consumer dynamic to identify opportunities.
- Align cross functional resources to develop customer-specific support plans; Collaborate with customer teams to develop and test new concepts in customer stores; identify and develop breakthrough ideas that accelerate WellPet’s growth at the customer.
- Build effective relationships with peers and customers via industry associations and networking with other companies in Pet categories.
- Responsible for managing the Forecasting process and all reporting related to forecasting. Work frequently with team to assess performance, coach and develop. This also includes being liaison with Supply Chain team to ensure proper sales forecast linkage.
- Drive CRM system and accountability deeper throughout the sales organization; enhance efficiencies and insights behind CRM systems roll-out and sales training.
- Spend time in stores and at customer with and without team to assess execution levels and provide feedback ;( Includes internal organization and distributor teams).
- May be responsible for assigned special projects, etc. and corporate follow ups
- Live the WellPet Vision, Mission and Values and do whatever it takes for the pets who depend on us
We really need an individual who has over 5 years of progressive sales experience in the consumer products industry that includes sales rep, account manager and first line management/supervisory positions and brand management/sales operations at the corporate level. You should also be a strong project manager with an analytical mind that feels comfortable getting into the financial data. What else should you bring?
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related discipline
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word); query writing skills for use in MS Query, Access and Business Objects
- Experience in building channel strategies and customer plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to build persuasive presentations
- A self-starter attitude, capable of handling multiple priorities, have a sense of urgency, and thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills, be a team player, enjoy being hands-on, and demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel approximately 20%
To apply, please click here: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit2/?id=14530941
Canadian Sales Director
The Canadian Area Sales Director reports to the Vice President of Sales for North America and is responsible for managing a $20 MM+ business and leading an organization of 8 people in Western and Eastern Canada. As an integral member of the sales management team, this position will be responsible for developing and implementing short and long term strategic business plans, driving top and bottom line growth. The Area Sales Director will provide P&L leadership to deliver targeted objectives and financial results and will focus on setting expectations and managing sales plans, analysis of competitive players, and developing and motivating a growing sales team. The ideal candidate will reside in Eastern Canada close to air transportation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide input and execute on the strategic and tactical business development plans for the regional sales organization by maintaining awareness of market trends and competitor strategies and adjusting regional sales strategy accordingly.
- Promote a customer-centered culture that strives to exceed customer needs, requirements, and expectations.
- Pursue and own critical relationships with key distributors and retailers; drives new business opportunities by developing and leveraging both new and existing relationships.
- Prepare regional consolidated sales forecasts goals ensuring that assigned sales volume and product goals are achieved and develops and manages to an annual sales budget.
- Manage and build teams that promote excellence, collaboration and teamwork by providing ongoing feedback and coaching on progress against accountabilities, development plans and training.
- Develop effective cross functional relationships with all related internal departments; focusing on collaboration with sales management and marketing.
- Direct implementation of marketing/sales programs to ensure successful execution of promotional activities and plans.
- Ensure accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets, to ensure compliance with organizational standards and requirements.
- Living the WellPet values and culture and doing whatever it takes for the pets who depend on us.
This position is ideally suited for a high energy executive with sales and marketing experience selling a premium product in the food or pet specialty industry. Additional requirements include:
- 10+ years of successful track record in sales management and business development, selling across a variety of channels (small & larger retailers, national chains, headquarter calls, distributors).
- Proven track record managing a business in excess of $20+ MM while building strong diverse sales teams.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and goal oriented, building strong relationships; takes initiative and positively engages others to drive improved sales and profit.
- Experience leading a sales team in a high growth environment while demonstrating a track record of sales results.
- Strategic mindset necessary to anticipate, plan, develop and execute solutions to business challenges with excellence.
- Financial capabilities needed to manage risk understanding both cost and revenue implications and effectively managing a budget.
To apply, please click here: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit2/?id=14531111